Our children have numerous opportunities to perform during their journey through St Michael's.
Class Performances Each class puts on a special assembly during the year to which their parents are invited. This usually involves singing, dance and drama, and the children show some of the aspects of their recent learning.
Year Group Performances Each Year group puts on a performance at some point during the year, as follows:
- Reception: Nativity
- Year 1: Harvest
- Year 2: Christmas Service in the Church
- Year 3: Christmas play
- Year 4: Harvest
- Year 5: Easter
- Year 6: Leavers' play
Each year children have the opportunity to take part in a big production (usually Term 5). Auditions are held and there is a frenzy of activity as the performance time approaches. Over the past years we have put on:
- Scenes from Oliver
- The wizard of Oz
- The Lion King (see separate page)
- Beauty and the Beast (see separate page)
We provide many opportunities for children to develop performance skills:
- Provision of musical tuition (individual and whole-class)
- Weekly choir (who perform at community events, as well as bigger festivals such as the Colston Hall event)
- Drama clubs
Key Stage 2 Production
The Wizard of Oz
Staff Christmas Panto to the Children
The staff like to perform too...