Ofsted Inspection: May 2022
We were inspected on Wednesday 18th and Thursday 19th May 2022. We had two inspectors visit the school. This was a short inspection to confirm whether or not the school was still a 'good' school (based on our 2016 inspection). Please click below for Ofsted's report confirming that the school continues to be a good school.
In the report, the inspectors celebrated:
- How pupils recognise us as a large school but how every child can be unique;
- The amount of opportunities and extra-curricular activities available to our children;
- Our pupils being enthusiastic learners;
- The teachers making learning interesting;
- How across the school teachers prioritise reading to help pupils learn to read and with understanding;
- That disadvantaged pupils and pupils with Special Educational needs have extensive additional support and
- The fact there is extensive pastoral support for those who need it.
Church School Inspection: June 2017
- Our distinctiveness as a Church School
- The impact of Collective Worship
- How we meet the needs of learners
- The effectiveness of leadership as a Church School
In our most recent recent inspection (June2017) we were again judged outstanding in all areas (for the third time in a row).
The full report can be accessed here: St Michael's final SIAMS report June 2017.pdf