Welcome to prospective new parents
Our standard admissions number is 90 for each year group, although for two year groups (current Y5 and Y6) the standard number is 120, making a total capacity of 690 children. Classes are organised in groups of 30, ie 3 or 4 classes for each year group.
Admissions Policy and Procedures
All admissions are handled by the local authority (South Gloucestershire). For details on their published admissions criteria, please visit their website (see link below).
Admissions for September 2020
The Application Deadline was 15th January 2020. Parents will be notified by South Glos Council around the end of March as to your child's school place. If you are given a place at St Michael's the next steps will be:
- We will write to you, asking for some further information (Nursery, friendships, any Special Needs)
- We will visit as many children in their Nursery as possible
- Parents (not children) will be invited to a meeting in school in early June to meet the teachers
- Children will have opportunities to visit and meet their teacher in June/July
- Parents will have a 1:1 time with the teacher to establish the partnership between school and home (July)
- September: no more than 2 weeks of part-time entry before children are full-time.
Further information about our entry system can be found by clicking on this link.
Admissions in other years
If you have a child of any other age and you would like more information and/or a tour of the school, please ring the school office. 01454 866781. Whilst some of the year groups are full, there are a few places throughout the school, and due to our size, places become available fairly regularly due to people moving out of the area.
Prospectuses are no longer produced separately, as all of the information is now available on the school website.
If you would like any further information, please ask. If you would like to discuss any individual issues with the headteacher (eg special needs) please arrange this with the school office.
We look forward to seeing you.