Welcome to prospective new parents! Our standard admissions number is 90 for each year group making a total capacity of 630 children. Classes are organised in groups of 30, i.e. 3 classes of 30 in each year group.
Admissions Policy and Procedures
All admissions are handled by the local authority (South Gloucestershire). For details on their published admissions criteria, please visit their website (see link below).
Reception Admissions for September 2022
We will be hosting open morning events for prospective Reception parents in October. Please call the school office (01454 866 781) to book a place on one of these mornings. We are able to have a maximum of two parents per child visit the school. The open mornings will include a short presentation with the headteacher, tour of the school and a chance for questions and answers. Open mornings will take place on the following dates:
- Tuesday 12th October at 09:30am
- Wednesday 13th October at 09:30am
- Tuesday 19th October at 09:30am
- Wednesday 20th October at 09:30am
- Thursday 21st October at 02:00pm
Places will be limited for these open mornings, but if they are oversubscribed we will make further dates available after the October half-term. If the situation around COVID-19 has changed by these dates we may need to hold the events online instead.
Applications are currently being processed by South Glos Council. If you wish to apply, please contact South Glos directly for further information. We normally hear about allocations at the end of March. The next steps will be:
- October: parents are able to visit the school (Covid-19 permitting)
- April: we will write to all parents who have been allocated a place asking you for some further information and setting out the timetable for entry in September.
- May: we contact local nurseries for further information about your child.
- June: meeting with parents
- July: visits for children to school to meet the teacher and see the classroom and individual meetings with parents and teachers
- September: children start school on a part-time basis (usually for two weeks at the most)
If you have any questions, please contact the office: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01454 866781. Please have a good look around the school website: this will give you a good idea of what goes on in school. We have a dedicated 'new starters 2021' page which is being regularly updated.
Admissions into Other Years
If you have a child of any other age and you are looking for a school place for them please ring the school office 01454 866781 for more information. Whilst some of our year groups are full, there are a few places available throughout the school, and due to our size, places become available fairly regularly due to people moving out of the area. School prospectuses are no longer produced separately, as all of the information is now available on the school website.