“You are the light of the world…..let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:14-16
About Our School
St Michael's Primary School is the largest Primary School in South Gloucestershire, with a standard admission number of 90 (across 3 classes). We currently have 21 classes, with 636 children on roll. St Michael's is a voluntary controlled Church of England school and enjoys strong links with St Michael's Church in Stoke Gifford.
Our key strengths:
- We are a very friendly and welcoming school
- Our children are happy and enthusiastic learners
- We have the highest expectations for every child to achieve their potential
- We are passionate about music, art, dance, drama and sport
- We enjoy very close links with parents and the wider community
- We offer an excellent range of clubs and additional activities
- We offer a curriculum that is stimulating, exciting and fun
Our last Ofsted and Church School inspections
We were judged to be a good school at our last Ofsted inspection (May 2022). Please see the Ofsted page for the report.
We were again judged to be an outstanding Church School in June 2017
The school no longer produces a separate prospectus, as all of the information is now available on this website. All of the 'key' information that is required to be provided can be accessed through the links below. The website contains lots more information which we hope will be useful and informative for parents.
- Pupil Premium - This is the additional income the school receives on the basis of the number of free school meal children (present and former) at the school.
- Curriculum Content and approach - Please go to the curriculum section
- Admissions arrangements
- Policies on: behaviour, charging, SEN and disability. These are available in the documents section of the website.
- Ofsted/Church School reports
- Latest KS2 data and DFE performance tables
- Statement of school's ethos and values