Green Team can't meet as they usually would at the minute. On this page you will find 10-minute activities about sustainability for all classes to complete each week. Please have a go and respond to the videos on the padlets. Thanks.
Green Team Eco-code: Everyone is on Green Team
Term 1 Week 2 Look at our new School "Eco-code"
1. We will all learn about stopping climate change (and take the following actions…).
2. Switch off lights and electrical equipment when not being used - to reduce energy use.
3. Put all litter in the correct bin: landfill, card/paper, recycle-able plastic, foil/tins/glass, compost/food waste - to reduce litter and landfill waste.
4. Use re-usable bags and bottles and choose not to use single-use plastics (bags, bottles, containers) - to reduce waste.
5. Use less paper and reduce recycling waste by printing and copying fewer sheets, and using both sides before recycling.
Term 1 Week 3
This week, please watch the following film ( 6 minutes) One Planet Future.
Then, talk about the video with your class. What did you like about the video? How can we help the planet? What actions do you want to take at home and or school? What questions do you have?
Please share your class' ideas on the padlet below and read ideas from other classes.
Term 1 Week 4
This week, please find the topic that your class is working on this term, watch the suggested video (or your own choice) and write on a post-it on the padlet below what your class are all doing to help to meet the goal or target.
1) Use sustainable travel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAi8Lxf8JXA
2) Reduce waste, including plastic pollution https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zrqj7nb
3) Use sustainable energy and reduce greenhouse gas pollution
4) Protect the environment: water. Reduce water waste
5) Protect the environment: land https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=556QXoUpjUY
6) Support sustainable food production / healthy lives and eating https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fszyObv6FxA
Week 5 Listen to an environmentalist – what inspires them about the natural world? What inspires you? https://jointhepod.org/teachers/films/what-inspired-me-by-chris-packham
Week 6 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBxN9E5f7pc Watch the video to get inspired.
Eco-code Review – how well is your class doing? What will you do next? Record on padlet.
Week 7 https://vimeo.com/273916993 What have you found out about your topic for the term? What have you done towards meeting the goal? What will you do next?
Week 8 Other activities...
Set up an experiment o investigate air quality around the school grounds