Reception New Starters (2020-2021)
We are delighted to welcome 90 new children to the school! All our places are currently filled with first choice applications.
Currently the next steps that will definitely happen are:
- Parents will have a 1:1 time with the teacher to establish the partnership between school and home (July): if we cannot do this in person we will talk to you on the phone or by video link if that is possible.
We will try to be flexible about the following arrangements, which will depend on when the lockdown is relaxed, and to what extent:
- Arranging nursery visits (normally May): we will contact nurseries anyway to get their views.
- Parent meeting in school to meet the teachers (normally early June): this is currently unlikely to happen, so will will provide all of the information on this page.
- Visits by the children to school (normally July): hopefully these will be able to take place.
And all being well, we anticipate:
- September: Our plan currently is that children will start part time (mornings or afternoons) on Wed 2nd September, and that all children will be able come in full time on Monday 14th September, but parents will be able to extend this for 2 further weeks if they wish (currently this happens for a few children anyway).
This timescale is subject to change, depending on the current advice for schools.
You should have now received a letter (see below), asking for some further information (Nursery, any Special Needs, and specific issues we need to be aware of). In order to help us place your child in a class, please return the slip, either by post or email, by Friday 15th May.
Documents and Letters