Home learning for w/b 15th March 2022.
Your child should continue to practise their weekly spellings each day.
Monday to Thursday can be practise sessions, and Friday can continue to be a spelling quiz.
Use the sound mats below to practise reading all of the sounds.
Help with handwriting
Please continue to read your child's reading book with them at home.
Read the same book 3 times:
- 1st read to practise phonics
- 2nd read to check comprehension
- 3rd read for fluency and expression
Once they have completed their book and they are reading it confidently, please look at the free ebooks online.
Oxford Owl are offering free ebooks for children to access at home. You will need to follow the link and register as a parent.
There are a few Read, Write, Inc books for your child to read, but also plenty of Oxford Reading Tree or project X books which are suitable too.
Search for any ebooks in age 4-5 or 5-6 to find books your child is comfortable to read.
Also, read other books at home with your child. Reading to your child is very important too.
-Adults reading stories for children
- Practise your place value (tens and ones)
- Learn number bonds of 10 ( 1+9=10, 2+8=10 etc)
- Learn number bonds of 20 ( 1+19=20, 2+18=20 etc)
- ordering numbers
- Identify numbers 0-100 on the interactive hundred square and be able to write the digits for these.
- Spell numbers 0-20.
- Practise chanting in 2's to 20, 5's to 50 & 10's to 100
- Use the interactive hundred square to support with addition, subtraction and number recognition.
Cosmic kids yoga -
Learn computer programming skills - fun and free
Red Ted Art
Easy arts and crafts
Educational online games