Term 4 Week 1 - Learning for Monday 22nd - Friday 26th February 2021
All learning is also available on Google Classroom.
(see parents guide below)
Pictures of Home Learning in Year 1
We are proud of you! Keep up the brilliant work.
Term 4 - Week 1 timetable - 22.2.21
Please follow the lessons on the weekly timetable.
All Maths resources can be found below.
Please continue to read your child's reading book with them at home.
Read the same book 3 times:
- 1st read to practise phonics
- 2nd read to check comprehension
- 3rd read for fluency and expression
Once they have completed their book and they are reading it confidently, please look at the free ebooks online.
Oxford Owl are offering free ebooks for children to access at home. You will need to follow the link and register as a parent.
There are a few Read, Write, Inc books for your child to read, but also plenty of Oxford Reading Tree or project X books which are suitable too.
Search for any ebooks in age 4-5 or 5-6 to find books your child is comfortable to read.
Also, read other books at home with your child. Reading to your child is very important too.
-Adults reading stories for children
Your child should continue to practise their weekly spellings each day.
Monday to Thursday can be practise sessions, and Friday can continue to be a spelling quiz.
Read Write Inc Schedule
Watch the Read Write Inc video lessons by using the link below
The year 1 children have now learnt all of the set 2 & 3 sounds, so should be watching these videos to revise their sounds.
If your child is confident with set 3, please watch the read longer words words video too.
Use the sound mats below to practise reading all of the sounds every day.
Help with handwriting
- Practise your place value (tens and ones)
- Learn number bonds of 10 ( 1+9=10, 2+8=10 etc)
- Learn number bonds of 20 ( 1+19=20, 2+18=20 etc)
- ordering numbers
- Identify numbers 0-100 on the interactive hundred square and be able to write the digits for these.
- Spell numbers 0-20.
Continue to use numbots and work through the different levels.
Tasks have been set for children to complete.
- Practise chanting in 2's to 20, 5's to 50 & 10's to 100
- Use the interactive hundred square to support with addition, subtraction and number recognition.
- Focus on phase 3, 4 and 5 - depending on which sounds you need to practise
Cosmic kids yoga -
Learn computer programming skills - fun and free
Red Ted Art
Easy arts and crafts
Educational online games
This week we are learning how to say 'I like' and 'I don't like' as well as revising greetings, colours and fruits. Watch the videos and PowerPoint to learn more!
I Sing pop - week 6 activity